Sunday, October 10, 2010

Party (Revised Version)


Last night, my husband and I threw our 4th annual Tapas Party. This party is the biggest in our group of friends. 40 people come to our house and my husband cooks for days. This year, the party was very different for me. Usually I eat endlessly for 5 hours, drink enough to stay buzzy for hours and have a great time. Different party this year since my band was in attendance.


I am a tequila drinker. I can drink a lot of tequila. And I did do one shot - and let me just say, it was not pleasant. The tequila hits the pouch and hangs there for a little while - not fun. Tequila is not meant to sit in your esophagus. It burned. I did not do it again. I did drink some skinny girl margaritas and I hung out with the greatest friends anyone could ever ask for. I did not eat however. Late in the evening, I ate some chicken from the inside of an enchilada - and I ate some ceviche. But I can assure you, I was the ONLY hungry person at midnight.


The party was very different for me this time. I still had fun. I still loved being with the people. But this party is a food party... and I am no longer a food person. Do I sound a little bummed? Maybe I was... for a couple of hours, but today, I don't feel like crap. There's a definite upside.

2 comments:

  1. Did you make your own skinny girl margs or buy it pre made.? I am dying to try the pre made but the don't sell it yet here. I think that next year will be very different for you again. You'll know even more what you can do with your band. It only gets better. I want to be invited. Sounds like my kinda party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a skinny girl margarita??? I've GOT to try one!! You done good at the party - I imagine it's an adjustment, but one you'll get the hang of in no time.. You're already getting there!

    ReplyDelete