Sunday, September 4, 2011

Heavy Weight

I am back to the gym after the summer off.  With the kids home, the gym was just not on my list.  And I have noticed something... I am weak.  I mean, I am weaker.  I used to think I was strong when I was fat.  You can bench press 75 lbs when you weight 286 lbs - but when you weigh 158 lbs, it is a bigger challenge.  It's actually quite remarkable.  I have always worked out.  But I am BLOWN away but the strength difference now that I am below 200 lbs... significantly below 200 lbs. 

But man, the gym is fun now.  I can run and run and run.  My feet don't hurt.  My knees don't hurt.  I don't feel uncomfortable in front of people.  I can physically do the things I want to do.  It's really so much more rewarding now.  If you are not working out, try it.  It feels great. 

On another note, my husband and I were at dinner last night, sitting near a young couple in their mid-twenties.  We chatted with them for a while and they said it was their first month anniversary of dating - and we laughed, noting that we were at 17 years of dating.  They asked if we had kids and we said yes, two.  And the girl said, OMG, you look amazing for having two kids!!  HAHSHHDHHAHAHHAHA
I laughed out loud and giggled inside... so funny.  This, ladies, is the time that I don't offer up that I had lapband surgery - heck no, I took this compliment and rode the pursuing high for the next hour.  Love it!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you post .. you've come so far .. 17 years, weight loss, gym babe ... it's all good :)

    ReplyDelete